If you have undertaken tax planning it is likely that you will receive a letter from HMRC soon.
Payment is due within 90 days - so do not delay!
Legislation introduced in July 2014 requires taxpayers to make an advance payment of tax on account where
(1) A tax enquiry or appeal is in progress,
(2) The return contains a tax advantage and
(3) Either of the following conditions are met:
- HM Revenue & Customs has issued a ‘follower notice’;
- the planning is registered under the Disclosure of Tax Avoidance Schemes (DoTAS);
- or a General Anti-Abuse Rule (GAAR) counteraction notice has been given.
If you have missed the deadline, further penalties will be charged, in addition to the original amount due: